Practising Law Institute Receives AALL New Product of the Year Award 2013
The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), the nation’s oldest organization for law librarians and related professionals, has awarded its 2013 New Product of the Year Award to PLI for our new eBook library Discover PLUS. AALL will present the award in Seattle during the conference next month.
The New Product of the Year Award honors new commercial information products that enhance or improve existing law library services or procedures, or innovative products that improve access to legal information, the legal research process, or procedures for technical processing of library materials.
Practising Law Institute’s Discover PLUS is a comprehensive eBook library, offering customers electronic access to PLI’s authoritative Treatises and Answer Books. In addition, Discover PLUS offers exclusive access to the organization’s Course Handbooks, Program Transcripts, and Legal Forms derived from its acclaimed seminars and publications. In developing Discover PLUS, PLI worked closely with law librarians, attorneys, and law students in order to create an intuitive, user-friendly platform that reflects the desires of the users themselves. This product was created by legal researchers to meet the needs of legal researchers; rather than just digitizing our books, PLI strove to truly optimize its print content for an online environment.
“It is truly an honor to win this award,” said Alexa Robertson, Director of Library Relations at PLI. “We had law librarians in mind as we developed our eBook library and worked with them every step of the way. We’re thrilled that Discover PLUS is a product AALL saw fit to recognize.”
For more information on Discover PLUS go to discover.pli.edu
- AALL Reviews PLI’s FASHION LAW AND BUSINESS Treatise
- Our Lucky Discover PLUS Kayak Raffle Winner
- Join PLI for a Lunch & Learn at the AALL Annual Meeting
- We’re Going to AALL
- PLI Cordially Invites You to Attend our Discovering Discover PLUS Breakfast at AALL this Year
- See you in Philly!
- PLI Reception at AALL (1)
- We’re going to AALL
- Volunteer at the AALL Conference
- AALL Spectrum Blog
- PLI’s Kane on Trademark Law on Wells IP Law
- National Library Week Continues!
- Happy National Library Week!
- PLI Discover PLUS Mentioned in Virginia Lawyer
- Free One-Hour Briefing on the Supreme Court and Informational Privacy: Bringing the Fourt Amendment into the 21st Century
- New Edition! Derivatives Deskbook: Close-Out Netting, Risk Mitigation, Litigation (2nd Edition)
- Free One-Hour Briefing on Legal Issues for Startups: What Non-Lawyer Entrepreneurs Need to Know
- PLI Course Handbooks Published in March 2014
- PLI Treatises Updated in March 2014
- PLI Answer Books Published in March 2014