Archive for the ‘Discover (our eBook library)’ Category
Listed below are the PLI Course Handbooks that were published in June 2013
Corporate Law and Practice
- Acquiring or Selling the Privately Held Company 2013
- Antitrust Institute 2013
- Audit Committees and Financial Reporting 2013
- Basic Immigration Law 2013
- Corporate Compliance and Ethics Institute 2013
- Fundamentals of Broker-Dealer Regulation 2013
- Global Capital Markets and the U.S. Securities Laws 2013
- Internal Investigations 2013
- Municipal Securities Activities by Broker-Dealers and Advisors 2013
Litigation and Administrative Practice
- 13th Annual School Law Institute
- Employment Discrimination Law & Litigation 2013
- International Arbitration 2013
- International Employment Law 2013
- M&A Litigation 2013
- New York CPLR 2013
Tax Law and Estate Planning
- 25th Annual Elder Law Institute
- Advising Nonprofit Organizations 2013
- Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances 2013
If you have any questions or would like to order a title, please email the Library Relations Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
In May 2013, PLI published the following Treatises and Supplements:
- Advertising & Commercial Speech Release #9
- Broker-Dealer Regulation Release #3
- Corporate Legal Departments Release #3
- Documenting Secured Transactions Release #11
- Friedman on Contracts Release #15
- Hedge Fund Regulation Release #1
- Immigration Fundamentals Release #36
- IRS Practice and Procedure Deskbook Release #6
- Likelihood of Confusion in Trademark Law (2nd Edition)
- Proskauer on Privacy Release #9
- Public Company Deskbook Release #7
- Sack on Defamation Release #3
- Deskbook on Internal Investigations Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues Release #10
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
This new 2013 edition of Employment Law Yearbook covers the most important issues facing today’s employers and employment law practitioners. In this tight employment market and amid the rapidly changing global economy, it is imperative that employers and employment law practitioners understand the legal implications of a wide range of workplace actions.
Authored by Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP’s Global Employment Law Practice Group, a nationally recognized leader in this field, Employment Law Yearbook 2013 revises the 2012 edition and provides a review of current developments in the law, including case decisions, statutes, and other events of interest to employers in the past year, as well as practical steps employers can take to minimize their risks and comply with the law.
Revised annually, Employment Law Yearbook 2013 is an essential reference for in-house and outside corporate attorneys, human resource professionals, attorneys representing employees in lawsuits, and employees involved in lawsuits.
- If you’d like to order Employment Law Yearbook 2013 ($295.00) please email the Library Relations Help Desk at email@example.com or call 877-900-5291. The book is also available on Discover PLUS.
- Click here for a Review by Lawffice Space – Employment Law Blog.
The PLI Librarian would like to invite you to sign up for our Library Relations listserv. Stay on top of all developments regarding our new eBook library, Discover PLUS, and learn what supplements are released each month. Our moderated listserv–we’ll only send messages about 3-4 times each month–will also keep you informed about our Answer Books, Treatises, and Course Handbooks, as well as our library-focused programs, and any other news that would be of interest to our library customers.
If you’d like to sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLI recently released a newly updated mobile app to make accessing our programs and published content easier than ever!
If your firm or organization subscribes to PLI Discover or Discover PLUS–our eBook libraries–you can access our books from your mobile device.
To start accessing our publications, first, download the app for free from the iTunes store. After you have downloaded the app, you will be asked to log in. Use your PLI username and password.
Once you’re logged in, click on the magnifying glass icon along the navigation panel at the bottom of the screen, then click the “Books” tab. From the Books screen, you can narrow the results list down by practice area, or search for specific titles or topics using keywords. After you’ve selected a title, you can read an individual chapter by selecting it from, the chapter list screen, and you can search through the chapter text by clicking on the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen and entering your terms.
Selecting a chapter to view will automatically download the chapter to your device. You can delete chapters from the “Downloads” screen by clicking on the red “x” to the right of the chapter title. Be sure to delete chapters after you’ve read them to save room on your device!
PLI Discover is our eBook library. Discover subscribers have 24/7 access to our complete publication catalog. This all-inclusive collection is available for a flat-fee, no per-click charges. If you are interested in trial access, please write us at email@example.com.
Are you interested in learning more about Discover, PLI’s eBook library? Discover subscribers have 24/7 access to our complete publication catalog. This all-inclusive collection is available for a flat-fee, no per-click charges.
Discover is PLI’s ebook library. It is online access to PLI Publications. Interested in learning more? We offer training sessions on how to use it, as well as free trials. For more info, please click here or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From June 1st until August 1st, we held the PLI Discover: “Caption the Cartoon” Challenge. We asked you to tell us what our Law Book is dreaming about, and you did. We received numerous clever captions but alas, we could only name one winner. The winning entry was submitted by (drum roll please), Sherry VonBehren of the Drake University Law School Library.
- Answer Book
- Course Handbooks
- Discover (our eBook library)
- Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!