Archive for the ‘EBooks’ Category
On Monday July 15th 2013 at the 106th American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting & Conference, Practising Law Institute announced its lucky sweepstakes winner, Ruck DeMinico of Merlin Law Group.
We received an overwhelming amount of submissions, which meant you shared in our excitement in giving away our Discover PLUS branded REI Kayak and Paddle! Discover PLUS–PLI’s eBook library containing our authoritative Treatises, Course Handbooks, and Answer Books, Legal Forms and Program Transcripts–was named 2013 New Product of the Year at this year’s annual meeting. As such, we wanted to offer a raffle prize that reflected our sincere gratitude at being awarded this honor and that paid homage to our host city of Seattle. A kayak seemed like the perfect fit.
Ruck lives in Florida and manages all aspects of the Merlin Law Group’s document management system, library and informational operations. He ensures that all legal research and supporting documentation associated with current and previously litigated cases is accurately maintained, catalogued, updated, and accessible to the firm’s attorneys and designated staff personnel. Congratulations and enjoy!
Do you subscribe to Discover PLUS? If so, a blog post or library page is a great way to spread the word to your patrons. Contact the PLI Library Help Desk for images and information you can add to your blogs, intranet, subject guides, practice area pages, listservs, or any other way you’re reaching your patrons!
Come follow us on Twitter! @PLI_Librarian
The PLI Library Help Desk tweets about Practising Law Institute programs and publications, Discover PLUS, eBooks, law libraries and more.
Questions or Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 877-900-5291.
In July 2013, PLI published the following Treatises and Supplements.
- Corporate Political Activities Deskbook Release #1
- Friedman on Leases Release #22
- Private Equity Funds: Formation and Operation Release #4
- Soderquist on Corporate Law and Practice Release #1
- Social Media and the Law (New Title)
- Asset-Based Lending: A Practical Guide to Secured Financing Release #2
- Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds Regulation Release #3
- Financial Product Fundamentals: Law – Business – Compliance Release #1
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk at email@example.com or call 877-900-5291.
- Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth at the AALL Conference in Seattle. We were there to provide you with information on PLI’s eBook library, Discover PLUS, which provides online access to PLI’s Course Handbooks, Treatises, Answer Books, Legal Forms and Program Transcripts.
- Discover PLUS was named the 2013 New Product of the Year at this year’s annual meeting! The picture (above) shows Alexa Robertson, Director of Library Relations and Andrew Pantoja, Associate Publisher, accepting the award at the Awards Ceremony July 13, 2013.
- We had a great turnout at the PLI Lunch & Learn on July 14, 2013 at the Sheraton Seattle. Alexa Robertson delivered a presentation on eBooks, how Discover PLUS came to be and continues to evolve, and how we won the AALL New Product of the Year award with your help.
- The lucky sweepstakes winner of our Discover PLUS branded REI Kayak and Paddle was Ruck DeMinico of Merlin Law Group. Ruck currently lives in Florida where he manages all aspects of Merlin Law Group’s Document Management System, library and the informational operations of the firm. Congratulations and enjoy, Ruck!
- There were more than 1475 attendees at the 106th American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting & Conference. We enjoyed meeting many of you at our booth, and hope that you had an opportunity to see our award-winning platform, Discover PLUS. See you next year in San Antonio, Texas!
Being a PLUS subscriber means you have the benefit of instantly receiving our new content. PLI is excited to announce that we’ve added 400 additional legal forms to Discover PLUS so you now have nearly 2,000 forms at your fingertips.
Based on the feedback we received, our customers need fast, up-to-date access to legal forms. You can search, download, customize, email, and print forms from 24 practice areas. PLI is committed to delivering critical and competitive value to our Discover PLUS customers, and as such, we will continue to add forms to Discover PLUS on a quarterly basis.
Stay tuned for upcoming updates!
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the PLI Library Help Desk:
In June 2013, PLI published the following Treatises, Supplements and Answer Books.
- Covered Bonds Handbook Release #3
- EPA Compliance & Enforcement Answer Book 2013 (New Title)
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting Release #9
- Investment Adviser Regulation Release #3
- Post Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (New Title)
- Substantial Similarity in Copyright Law Release #10
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide Release #8
- Variable Annuities & Variable Life Insurance Regulation Release #1
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
In just a couple of weeks, the Library Relations Team at Practising Law Institute will be in Seattle for The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting (July 13-16). This year, we are proud to be the recipient of AALL’s 2013 New Product of the Year Award for PLI’s eBook library, Discover PLUS.
We know everyone’s conference schedules get booked fast with all the interesting sessions and networking events going on, but we look forward to meeting you!
We’re exhibiting at booth #116 where we will be raffling off a Discover PLUS REI Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 Kayak and Paddle. Sign up at our booth or online for a chance to win! And come join us for a “Lunch & Learn” on Sunday, July 14th. Our Director of Library Relations, Alexa Robertson, will demo Discover PLUS and lunch is on us! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the location and more information.
See you in Seattle!
The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), the nation’s oldest organization for law librarians and related professionals, has awarded its 2013 New Product of the Year Award to PLI for our new eBook library Discover PLUS. AALL will present the award in Seattle during the conference next month.
The New Product of the Year Award honors new commercial information products that enhance or improve existing law library services or procedures, or innovative products that improve access to legal information, the legal research process, or procedures for technical processing of library materials.
Practising Law Institute’s Discover PLUS is a comprehensive eBook library, offering customers electronic access to PLI’s authoritative Treatises and Answer Books. In addition, Discover PLUS offers exclusive access to the organization’s Course Handbooks, Program Transcripts, and Legal Forms derived from its acclaimed seminars and publications. In developing Discover PLUS, PLI worked closely with law librarians, attorneys, and law students in order to create an intuitive, user-friendly platform that reflects the desires of the users themselves. This product was created by legal researchers to meet the needs of legal researchers; rather than just digitizing our books, PLI strove to truly optimize its print content for an online environment.
“It is truly an honor to win this award,” said Alexa Robertson, Director of Library Relations at PLI. “We had law librarians in mind as we developed our eBook library and worked with them every step of the way. We’re thrilled that Discover PLUS is a product AALL saw fit to recognize.”
For more information on Discover PLUS go to discover.pli.edu
- Answer Book
- Book Reviews
- Course Handbooks
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!