Archive for the ‘EBooks’ Category
Come follow us on Twitter! @PLI_Librarian
The PLI Library Help Desk tweets about Practising Law Institute programs and publications, Discover PLUS, eBooks, law libraries and more.
Questions or Comments? Email email@example.com or Call 877-900-5291.
In July 2013, PLI published the following Treatises and Supplements.
- Corporate Political Activities Deskbook Release #1
- Friedman on Leases Release #22
- Private Equity Funds: Formation and Operation Release #4
- Soderquist on Corporate Law and Practice Release #1
- Social Media and the Law (New Title)
- Asset-Based Lending: A Practical Guide to Secured Financing Release #2
- Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds Regulation Release #3
- Financial Product Fundamentals: Law – Business – Compliance Release #1
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-900-5291.
- Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth at the AALL Conference in Seattle. We were there to provide you with information on PLI’s eBook library, Discover PLUS, which provides online access to PLI’s Course Handbooks, Treatises, Answer Books, Legal Forms and Program Transcripts.
- Discover PLUS was named the 2013 New Product of the Year at this year’s annual meeting! The picture (above) shows Alexa Robertson, Director of Library Relations and Andrew Pantoja, Associate Publisher, accepting the award at the Awards Ceremony July 13, 2013.
- We had a great turnout at the PLI Lunch & Learn on July 14, 2013 at the Sheraton Seattle. Alexa Robertson delivered a presentation on eBooks, how Discover PLUS came to be and continues to evolve, and how we won the AALL New Product of the Year award with your help.
- The lucky sweepstakes winner of our Discover PLUS branded REI Kayak and Paddle was Ruck DeMinico of Merlin Law Group. Ruck currently lives in Florida where he manages all aspects of Merlin Law Group’s Document Management System, library and the informational operations of the firm. Congratulations and enjoy, Ruck!
- There were more than 1475 attendees at the 106th American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting & Conference. We enjoyed meeting many of you at our booth, and hope that you had an opportunity to see our award-winning platform, Discover PLUS. See you next year in San Antonio, Texas!
Being a PLUS subscriber means you have the benefit of instantly receiving our new content. PLI is excited to announce that we’ve added 400 additional legal forms to Discover PLUS so you now have nearly 2,000 forms at your fingertips.
Based on the feedback we received, our customers need fast, up-to-date access to legal forms. You can search, download, customize, email, and print forms from 24 practice areas. PLI is committed to delivering critical and competitive value to our Discover PLUS customers, and as such, we will continue to add forms to Discover PLUS on a quarterly basis.
Stay tuned for upcoming updates!
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the PLI Library Help Desk:
In June 2013, PLI published the following Treatises, Supplements and Answer Books.
- Covered Bonds Handbook Release #3
- EPA Compliance & Enforcement Answer Book 2013 (New Title)
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting Release #9
- Investment Adviser Regulation Release #3
- Post Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (New Title)
- Substantial Similarity in Copyright Law Release #10
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide Release #8
- Variable Annuities & Variable Life Insurance Regulation Release #1
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
In just a couple of weeks, the Library Relations Team at Practising Law Institute will be in Seattle for The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting (July 13-16). This year, we are proud to be the recipient of AALL’s 2013 New Product of the Year Award for PLI’s eBook library, Discover PLUS.
We know everyone’s conference schedules get booked fast with all the interesting sessions and networking events going on, but we look forward to meeting you!
We’re exhibiting at booth #116 where we will be raffling off a Discover PLUS REI Wilderness Systems Pungo 120 Kayak and Paddle. Sign up at our booth or online for a chance to win! And come join us for a “Lunch & Learn” on Sunday, July 14th. Our Director of Library Relations, Alexa Robertson, will demo Discover PLUS and lunch is on us! Please RSVP to email@example.com and we’ll send you the location and more information.
See you in Seattle!
The American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), the nation’s oldest organization for law librarians and related professionals, has awarded its 2013 New Product of the Year Award to PLI for our new eBook library Discover PLUS. AALL will present the award in Seattle during the conference next month.
The New Product of the Year Award honors new commercial information products that enhance or improve existing law library services or procedures, or innovative products that improve access to legal information, the legal research process, or procedures for technical processing of library materials.
Practising Law Institute’s Discover PLUS is a comprehensive eBook library, offering customers electronic access to PLI’s authoritative Treatises and Answer Books. In addition, Discover PLUS offers exclusive access to the organization’s Course Handbooks, Program Transcripts, and Legal Forms derived from its acclaimed seminars and publications. In developing Discover PLUS, PLI worked closely with law librarians, attorneys, and law students in order to create an intuitive, user-friendly platform that reflects the desires of the users themselves. This product was created by legal researchers to meet the needs of legal researchers; rather than just digitizing our books, PLI strove to truly optimize its print content for an online environment.
“It is truly an honor to win this award,” said Alexa Robertson, Director of Library Relations at PLI. “We had law librarians in mind as we developed our eBook library and worked with them every step of the way. We’re thrilled that Discover PLUS is a product AALL saw fit to recognize.”
For more information on Discover PLUS go to discover.pli.edu
PLI is excited to announce that we’ve added 410 new legal forms from our Course Handbooks to our eBook library, Discover PLUS!
Forms have been added from most of our practice areas, including Corporate & Securities law, Intellectual Property law, and Tax & Estate law. Forms on Discover PLUS are fully searchable, downloadable into Word or PDF, and can be customized to fit your needs.
Since Discover PLUS subscribers can choose to be IP authenticated, users can embed form links into their library or practice group pages. Or subscribers can share frequently accessed forms with colleagues by emailing permalinks, or attaching them as Word or PDF documents.
Based on the feedback and requests we’ve received from our customers, we’ve extracted 1,566 forms from our over 800 Treatises and Course Handbooks, and indexed them so that they’re easy to find in Discover PLUS.
Discover PLUS offers 12 different types of forms ranging from contracts to official forms to pleadings/motions. Each form includes a citation and is indexed with searchable keywords.
PLI will continue to add forms from our Course Handbooks to our forms library on Discover PLUS throughout the year on a quarterly basis. Stay tuned!
Questions? Please contact PLI’s Library Relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-900-5291.
Following any great product launch there will always be remaining items on the wish list. Since the successful launch of Discover PLUS, we’ve received many requests for access to PLI Course Handbooks published from 1984 – 2008. Adding this Course Handbook archive to Discover PLUS remains our top priority and should be available soon. In the interim, PLUS subscribers can send any requests for archival materials our way—please include the title, the year in which the book or chapter was published, and any other citation information—and we’ll do our best to obtain those for you ASAP.
Send archive requests to email@example.com or call 877-900-5291.
- Answer Book
- Course Handbooks
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!