Please join PLI in a limited-time, pre-order offer on our new guide to dispute resolution, Financial Services Mediation Answer Book (2017 Edition)
Financial Services Mediation Answer Book provides detailed guidance, in question-and-answer format, on all aspects of mediating disputes involving financial services. More than forty attorneys contributed to ten chapters, reflecting a wide range of experiences, observations and perspectives, on both the plaintiff and defense sides. The book includes significant discussion of what to do when negotiations fail, how the availability of insurance affects the mediation process, and how to address issues that are specific to mediations involving auditors. The book also includes a chapter on recurring legal issues that can arise when mediating financial services disputes, and concludes with a series of Q&As by several highly experienced mediators.
To order by phone, please call PLI’s Customer Service Department at (800) 260-4754. Be sure to mention your Priority Code, YLJ7-8AEM1B, to receive 25% off.
Across the country, law students are surfacing from their stacks of books and papers and are feeling the sun on their skin for the first time since final exams started over a month ago. However, a summer vacation is not next on the agenda, instead it is time to get ready for the summer associate program, also known as the legal profession’s 12 week interview process.
Other than a shopping trip to buy breathable, moisture-wicking professional attire to keep cool during your commute and that rooftop bar happy hour(s), how else can you prepare for the upcoming summer months?
- Attend a FREE PLI program
- On June 23, PLI will hold an in-person, interactive breakfast session specifically designed for summer associates at our New York Conference Center. The program, How to Succeed As A Summer Associate 2015, will offer practical advice and highlight the skills summer associates need to make the most of their experience including:
- Workload and time management expectations
- Getting feedback and dealing with criticism
- Making the most of your mentor
- How to take advantage of pro bono and training opportunities
- and Social expectations.
If you can’t attend the June 23 program, you can read the program transcript for last year’s program, “Calling All Summer Associates: Making the Most of Your Law Firm Internship,” or listen here.
- Have fun!
- Part of your job as a a summer associate is to attend firm-organized social events. Make sure to attend as many events as possible and get to know your potential future colleagues. Read up on the Top Ten Networking Tips including number ten, “Carry your drink in your left hand – if it’s not in your right, you’ll have to move your drink in order to shake hands, plus, your hand will be cold and wet. Yuck!”.
And about that wardrobe….you may want to add a few pieces in royal blue, yellow, and dark green. Why Find out here.
Earlier this week, The American Lawyer, released their annual ranking of the top 100 law firms. The big news: with a 14% increase in revenue, Latham & Watkins LLP become the 4th firm ever, in the thirty year history of the Am Law 100, to reach the top of the Am Law’s gross revenue rankings. However, Latham & Watkins LLP wasn’t the only firm to experience sizable growth in 2014; taken as a whole, the Am Law 100 grew 4.6% in gross revenue from last year.
View the slideshow below to get the full visual breakdown of the 2015 Am Law 100.
The 2015 Am Law 100 Slideshow: By the Numbers
Don’t forget to check back here on Friday for our Law Day promotion!