Archive for the ‘Treatise’ Category
In November 2013, PLI published the following new Treatise editions:
- Commercial Ground Leases New 3rd Edition
- Doing Business under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act New 2nd Edition
- Hillman on Commercial Loan Documentation New 6th Edition
If you’re on standing order for either title, the new edition has already been shipped to you. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
In November 2013, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Financial Product Fundamentals Release #2
- Friedman on Leases Release #23
- How to Handle an Appeal Release #14
- How to Write a Patent Application Release #8
- Immigration Fundamentals Release #37
- IRS Practice Deskbook Release #7
- Likelihood of Confusion in Trademark Law Release #1
- Mutual Funds & Exchange Traded Fund Regulation Release #4
- Patent Law: A Practitioners Guide Release #1
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech Patent Law Release #6
- Public Company Deskbook Release #8
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291
In October 2013, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Accountants’ Liability Release #16
- Corporate Legal Departments Release #4
- Directors’ & Officers’ Liability Release #8
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting Release #10
- Friedman on Contracts Release #16
- Hedge Fund Regulation Release #2
- Initial Public Offerings Release #1
- International Corporate Practice Release #7
- International Tax & Estate Planning Release #16
- Investment Adviser Regulation Release #4
- Langer on Practical International Tax Planning Release #26
- Reinsurance Law Release #8
- Securities Law and Practice Deskbook Release #2
- Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Regulation Release #2
- White Collar Deskbook Release #11
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
Have you heard? PLI is moving! As of December 2nd, we’ll be in our new location: 1177 6th Avenue, New York, NY 10036.
After more than a year of planning, designing, and construction, not to mention forty years at our current location, PLI is picking up and moving to a brand new Conference Center in the Americas Tower at 1177 Avenue of the Americas. The state-of-the-art facilities will include a dedicated lobby with twelve elevator banks, iPads pre-loaded with program materials at each seat, high-speed Internet access and WiFi availability in the lounge, and a faculty “ready room,” on-site business center.
From now until the 2nd, we’ll be busy packing up and cleaning house. To facilitate this endeavor, we’re having a moving sale on all PLI Treatises and Answer Books. From now until Wednesday, November 13th, you’ll receive 35% off all Treatises and Answer Book so stock up!
To place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
In September 2013, PLI published the following new edition and new title:
If you would like to place an order for either book, please email the PLI Library Relations Department or call 877-900-5291.
In September 2013, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Bankruptcy Deskbook Release #13
- Broker-Dealer Regulation Release #4
- The Circular 230 Deskbook Release #15
- Equipment Leasing–Leveraged Leasing Release #7
- Financial Services Regulation Deskbook Release #1
- Holtzschue on Real Estate Contracts Release #10
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Tender Offers Release #6
- New York Elder Law Release #32
- The Partnership Tax Practice Series 2013 Supplement
- Patent Litigation Release # 3
- Proskauer on Privacy Release #10
- Securities Litigation Release #7
- Sinclair on Federal Civil Practice Release #5
- Trial Handbook Fall 2013 Supplement
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations at email@example.com or call 877-900-5291.
To the general public, the fashion industry is most closely identified with celebrated fashion houses mounting elaborate and highly publicized runway shows in the major fashion capitals of the world. In reality, the fashion industry is much more diverse, complex, and global. FASHION LAW AND BUSINESS unravels the complexity and provides clear guidance on the wide range of legal and business issues faced by fashion industry participants, including designers, suppliers, manufacturers of apparel and accessories, and retailers.
In FASHION LAW AND BUSINESS you’ll learn:
• The considerations involved in starting a company in the fashion industry, including developing a business plan, determining the form and structure of the legal entity, and obtaining financing.
• How patent, trademark, and copyright law have been applied to the fashion industry and their impact in such areas as gray market goods and counterfeiting.
• The contractual relationships and regulatory issues applicable to the design and production of fashion products.
• The dynamics of retail sales in the apparel industry, including a discussion of e-commerce and mobile commerce
• The legal issues involved in leasing and licensing brick-and-mortar retail stores, with a focus on the significant contractual terms that should be considered in connection with such real estate transactions.
• How to deal with labor and employment issues that relate to the fashion industry, including working conditions, wages and hours, child labor, use of independent contractors such as sales representatives, and developments in collective bargaining in the fashion industry.
Written by two of America’s leading fashion and retail law authorities, FASHION LAW AND BUSINESS provides you with an integrated, comprehensive guide to the issues affecting the fashion industry today.
- Answer Book
- Course Handbooks
- Discover (our eBook library)
- Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!