Archive for June, 2011
The erroneous instructions say to remove chapters 17 – 19. Actually, you need to keep chapter 18B. Do not discard that. The sections around it were updated but chapter 18B should remain.
If you have any questions please write us at email@example.com.
Here are the PLI Course Handbooks that were published during the month of May 2011.
Corporate Law & Practice Series
- Delaware Law Developments 2011
- Enforcement 2011
- Green Technology Law and Business 2011
- Leveraged Financing 2011
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act 2011
Intellectual Property Series
- Advanced Seminar on Copyright Law 2011
- Advanced Seminar on Trademark Law 2011
- Information Technology Law Institute 2011
- IP Monetization 2011
Litigation & Administrative Practice Series
- Illinois MCLE Marathon 2011
- Pretrial Practice 2011
New York Practice Skills Series
- New Jersey Basic CLE Marathon 2011
Tax Law & Estate Planning Series
- The Evolving World of ERISA 2011
Please write firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to order a title.
Here is a handy pdf for our PLI Discover subscribers. On page 3, there is a list of the treatise titles and each one is hyperlinked to the book page view. If you are a PLI Discover subscriber (after you login initially) these links will take you to the Table of Contents view where you can view the full-text chapters (pdf or html format).
If you have any questions, please contact PLI Library Relations at email@example.com.
Tell us what this Law Book is dreaming about for a chance to win an iPad. The cleverest caption wins. Submit your caption using our web form here.
Practising Law Institute cordially invites you to join us during the AALL Conference for a Cocktail Reception to celebrate our continuing commitment and ongoing collaboration with the library community.
The reception will be held on Sunday, July 24th 2011 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Philadelphia skyline along with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres as you reconnect with old friends, network, and plan your conference schedule.
Space is limited so please RSVP by July 11th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The “Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010” (CFPA), Title X of the Dodd-Frank Act, made major changes in how consumer financial services are regulated, and many of these important changes go into effect on July 21, 2011. The Consumer Financial Services Answer Book describes in concise detail the regulatory structure and requirements after these revisions take place. This new publication describes:
- Updated requirements under such federal statutes as the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and many others
- The regulatory authority, and the limits on that authority, of the newly created federal Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, as well as the changed authority of existing financial services regulators
- The current federal requirements for mortgage loan servicing, foreclosure and eviction
- The changes, effective this summer, to the federal preemption, which require specific findings before preemption may be invoked
- The Consumer Financial Services Answer Book helps the practitioner, through an easy question and answer format, understand the revised regulations in such areas as:
- The secondary loan market, including securitization and assignee liability
- Mortgage loan servicing
- Automotive financing
- Privacy and identity theft
In addition, the Consumer Financial Services Answer Book provides practical insight on litigation practices in this area, including special coverage on e-filing and document retention requirements as well as expert, practical insights into consumer financial class actions and other issues of emerging concern.
Title: Consumer Financial Services Answer Book 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-4024-1570-8
Item #: 32643
Check out the PRESS RELEASE.
The Insurance Regulation Answer Book provides a general overview of the significant legal and regulatory guidelines that govern the insurance business in the United States. While it is deliberately high level, providing an introduction to a complex and constantly changing area of the law, it regularly offers readers practical guidance designed to assist them to effectively uncover the legal implications of proposed actions so they can help maximize opportunities, minimize liabilities and reduce compliance costs.
The Insurance Regulation Answer Book covers such areas as:
- The complete definitions of–and distinctions between–the different kinds of insurance
- The federal regulatory requirements, including recent amendments, on insurance company policies, investments and financial condition
- The role of reinsurance in spreading financial risk
The Insurance Regulation Answer Book is completely current, seamlessly integrating coverage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Dodd-Frank and other recent legislative developments of critical importance. It also provides the context and analysis to help navigate an increasingly complex international regulatory landscape.
Title: Insurance Regulation Answer Book 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-4024-1571-5
Item #: 32644
View a sample chapter here.
PLI and LLAGNY teamed up to offer a free one-hour audio briefing to librarians, researchers, attorneys, and allied professionals: Researching High Yield Offerings – Tools and Resources to Help You Keep Pace. Thank you to everyone who attended.
Researching High Yield Offerings – Tools and Resources to Help You Keep Pace is the 3rd in a series of library one-hour briefing that PLI and LLAGNY have created.
PLI and LLAGNY will continue to produce this series of Library Programs in the One-Hour Audio Briefing format. The response has been positive, both from an attendance and feedback perspective. Are you interested in speaking at a future briefing? Or do you have a specific topic you’d like to see covered? If so, please send your suggestions to email@example.com.
Please note this program has expired. If you are interested in current PLI Library Programs, please visit www.pli.edu/libraryaudiobriefings.
- Answer Book
- Course Handbooks
- Discover (our eBook library)
- Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!