Friedman on Leases has been updated in its new Sixth Edition. Building on Milton R. Friedman’s comprehensive work, Andrew R. Berman (Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP), author of the new edition, has updated this time-tested treatise so that it continues to provide not only the foundational knowledge required by novice practitioners, but also analysis of and insight into the most current and relevant developments facing seasoned practitioners in the commercial real estate field. The authoritative discussions of issues, commentary on numerous case decisions, and sample lease clauses and agreements help you to:
• Draft, negotiate, and amend every essential document involved in commercial leasing
• Modify lease provisions for the full variety of landlord-tenant arrangements
• Anticipate and resolve problematic transaction developments
• Avoid drafting errors, including omissions, ambiguities, and fatal terminology
• Understand and deal with difficult issues specific to assignments, subletting, renewals, take-over leases, percentage leases, and other challenging aspects of commercial leasing
• Proceed wisely in those leasing areas with divided judicial authority or divergent state statutes
This essential title is available on PLI PLUS, our online research database. If you’d like to order a print copy, please email or call (877-900-5291) us.
In 2016, PLI added 611 archived Course Handbooks to Discover PLUS. We now have over 1,600 pre-2008 Course Handbooks available on Discover PLUS and our archive dates back to 1980!
We prioritize our archive additions based on requests from subscribers so please send us your suggestions! We also offer a document delivery service for PLUS subscribers. If you’re looking for a pre-2008 document on Discover PLUS and cannot find it, email us with the citation information and we can look through our files onsite. If we have it (and we usually do), we’ll send you the Word version–we aim to do so in under 24 hours.
If you have any questions about PLI Discover PLUS or our Course Handbook archive, please email or call (877-900-5291) us.
PLI Discover PLUS continually grows: new books are published; Treatises are updated; Forms are added; and new programs generate our Course Handbooks and Transcripts. Here’s a listing of the content added or updated to PLI Discover PLUS in 2016. It can be used as a reference guide for librarians, attorneys, researchers and other subscribers.