Practising Law Institute (PLI) has announced the release of their newest Treatise title, TechnologyTransactions: A Practical Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements.
In a world that is increasingly focused on technological innovation, Technology Transactions: A Practical Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements provides the reader with the tools necessary to draft, review and negotiate technology transaction agreements with the confidence that he or she is properly addressing the most important issues.
This comprehensive title walks the reader through the major legal considerations that surround any technology transaction, including knowledge of the:
- Intellectual property basics
- Regulatory framework of the Internet and domain name system
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Technology Transactions also provides a complete discussion of the many privacy considerations that must be kept in mind in an agreement to leverage any emerging technology. Considerations under the following statutes are discussed:
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- The Childrens Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) as well as the many protections that are afforded to international data transfers
The first eight chapters of Technology Transactions discuss specific types of commercial agreements often used in technology transactions, including:
- Software license agreements
- Software development agreements
- Reseller agreements
- Cloud computing agreements
- Domain name transactions
- Technology licensing and IP-centric joint ventures
- Technology escrow agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
Technology Transactions provides practical examples, including nine form agreements, as well as practice tips on how to avoid common and uncommon legal traps for the unwary.
If you’d like to order Technology Transactions: A Practical Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements, please email the PLI Library Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.