In June 2014, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Corporate Political Activities Deskbook Release # 2
- Hillman on Commercial Loan Documentation (6th Edition) Release # 1
- Immigration Fundamentals: A Guide to Law & Practice (4th Edition) Release #38
- Investment Adviser Regulation: A Step-by-Step Guide to Compliance and the Law (3rd Edition) Release # 5
- Private Equity Funds: Formation and Operation Release # 5
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide (2nd Editon) Release # 9
- Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Regulation (2nd Edition) Release # 3
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
In June 2013, PLI published the following Treatises, Supplements and Answer Books.
- Covered Bonds Handbook Release #3
- EPA Compliance & Enforcement Answer Book 2013 (New Title)
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting Release #9
- Investment Adviser Regulation Release #3
- Post Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (New Title)
- Substantial Similarity in Copyright Law Release #10
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide Release #8
- Variable Annuities & Variable Life Insurance Regulation Release #1
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, these releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email the Library Relations Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
The PLI Publications catalog is here!
Each year PLI publishes a wide variety of new titles and new editions to make sure your library shelves are always up-to-date with content from 15 rapidly evolving areas of law. Browse this year’s best sellers and new editions and see what’s joined our existing library of celebrated Treatises, Course Handbooks, and Answer Books.
Yesterday, the United States Supreme Court issued an opinion on Marmet Health Care Center vs. Brown. In issuing the opinion, the Court reaffirmed its recent decisions about applying the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA) to negligence and wrongful death actions when an arbitration clause is present in the care agreement. In Marmet Health Care Center vs. Brown, the Court concluded that when extant, such agreements can be enforced.
Interested in more information on arbitration? Check out one of PLI’s treatises on the subject: American Arbitration: Principles and Practice.
In November 2011 the following Treatises were updated:
- Equipment Leasing Rel. #3
- Hedge Fund Regulation Rel. #10
- International Tax and Estate Planning Rel. #14
- Public Company Deskbook Rel. #4
- Bankruptcy Deskbook Rel. #9
- Terminating Derivative Transactions Rel. #3
- Patent Law Rel. #13
- How to Write a Patent Application Rel. #4
- Friedman on Leases Rel. #17
- How to Handle an Appeal Rel. #12
- Product Liability Rel. #2
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law Rel. #4
- Variable Annuities Rel. #9
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting Rel. #6
- Likelihood of Confusion in Trademark Law Rel. #26
- Exempt and Hybrid Securities Offerings New 2nd Edition
- Financial Institutions Answer Book 2011-12 (New Title)
- Mutual Funds & Exchange Traded Funds Regulation New 3rd Edition
- Corporate Legal Departments New 4th Edition
- Investment Adviser Regulation New 3rd Edition
- Broker-Dealer Regulation New 2nd Edition
Please write firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to order a title.
Here is a handy pdf for our PLI Discover subscribers. On page 3, there is a list of the treatise titles and each one is hyperlinked to the book page view. If you are a PLI Discover subscriber (after you login initially) these links will take you to the Table of Contents view where you can view the full-text chapters (pdf or html format).
If you have any questions, please contact PLI Library Relations at email@example.com.