October 8, 2014, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (E.D.T.)
Both the SEC’s Division of Corporation and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board are engaged in major projects that may significantly change the public company disclosures about financial results, controls and audits. A panel including a PCAOB Board Member, the Chief Accountant of the SEC Corp Fin Division and a former SEC Chief Accountant who now serves on two audit committees, along with leading legal and audit firm partners who counsel clients on disclosure and financial reporting issues will provide a lively One-Hour briefing on the developments you need to know about now.
Topics will include:
- The SEC’s major disclosure review project, now underway
- Latest SEC staff and PCAOB guidance on financial reporting and accounting issues, including revenue recognition
- The current status of PCAOB initiatives to reform the auditor reporting model, to evaluate its going concern standard in light of a recent FASB going concern standard, to provide guidance on fair value auditing and other topics
- PCAOB’s audit committee outreach efforts
- Possible rulemaking in the next six months, including audit committee reporting
- The impact of all of this on audit committees and those who advise them
John F. Olson, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Michael J. Gallagher, Managing Partner, Assurance Quality, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Linda L. Griggs, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Jay D. Hanson, Board Member, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
Mark Kronforst, Chief Accountant, Division of Corporation Finance, United States Securities and Exchange Commission
Donald T. Nicolaisen, Independent Director, Morgan Stanley, MGIC Investment Corp., Verizon, Zurich Insurance Group
Register now and don’t miss this important free briefing!