Are you looking for authoritative resources on Litigation law? You can find acclaimed, expert-authored sources on PLI Discover PLUS, which provides you with the most up-to-date content such as the recently supplemented Treatise Post-Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. This Treatise will help guide you through the process of initiating a post-grant proceeding, taking discovery, seeking sanctions, proposing and opposing claim amendments, effectively advocating at the oral hearing, appealing to the Federal Circuit, and handling a wide array of issues involving co-pending district court litigation.
You’ll find updated information on:
Claims Challenged and Grounds – current decisions on who has standing to challenge a patent in an inter partes review petition. Read details on these decisions in Section 3:2.3.
Cross-Examination of Petitioner’s Declarant(s) – this section in Chapter 1 “Patent Owner Discovery Period, Response and Proposed Amendments”, has been significantly expanded to reflect new guidance from the Board. Do you have questions on specific wording on observations or foreign language depositions that require an interpreter? Find that information in Section 8:1.1.
Appeals to the Federal Circuit – this chapter has been updated to provide information on a number of cases that were decided in 2014, to help clarify which issues are not appealable. For example, you can read more on the PTAB decision not to institute an inter partes review in Section 14:1.
Our latest edition of the Library Ledger is now available on the blog! Read this most current edition which provides you with news on our PLI Librarian YouTube Channel; our growing archival collection on Discover PLUS; and search tips on how to locate the Legal Forms you need. Read all of our newsletters on the Library Ledger page.
PLI Discover PLUS allows you to easily locate the documents you are looking for through its clean and user-friendly interface. Here’s a quick research topic video which illustrates how to search for documents on health care specific to mergers and acquisitions. Make sure to check out the rest of our videos on the PLI Librarian YouTube channel!
We will continue to add instructional videos to this channel, so stay tuned for more! And if you have any suggestions on search tips videos you would like to see, please contact the PLI Library Help Desk .
Practising Law Institute (PLI) has announced the release of their newest Answer Book title, Antitrust Law Answer Book 2015.
American antitrust law, now over a century old, is a huge and complex area of practice. Antitrust Law Answer Book 2015 steps back from the many details to provide a basic, practical overview of U.S. antitrust law for the non-expert who wants to understand the primary concepts and to know when to seek more expert help.
Antitrust Law Answer Book 2015 covers such issues as investigations and litigation, agreements between suppliers and customers, monopolization claims, pricing, and unilateral conduct not related to price. The authors, attorneys at Jones Day with decades of experience in the area, also provide suggestions for effective antitrust compliance programs that can help you avoid or minimize future problems.
The recently published Antitrust Law Answer Book 2015:
- Focuses on the most common business problems as well as those that illustrate the entire scope of the U.S. antitrust laws
- Includes illustrative examples and real-life case studies to provide additional background and practical guidance
- Is written in plain English to provide practical, useful answers, not just theoretical musings
- Contains a separate chapter on the complex antitrust issues arising in the intellectual property area
In November 2014, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Accountants’ Liability #17
- Deskbook on Internal Investigations Corp Compliance & White Collar Issues #13
- Exempt and Hybrid Securities Offerings (2nd Edition) #3
- Financial Product Fundamentals: Law, Business, Compliance (2nd Edition) #4
- Friedman on Leases #26
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting #12
- How to Handle an Appeal #15
- Immigration Fundamentals: A Guide to Law & Practice (4th Edition) #39
- Internal Revenue Service Practice and Procedure Deskbook (4th Edition) #9
- International Corporate Practice: A Practitioner’s Guide to Global Success #9
- International Tax & Estate Planning #17
- Kane on Trademark Law: A Practitioner’s Guide (6th Edition) #2
- Manning on Estate Planning (7th Edition) #1
- Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds Regulation (3rd Edition) #6
- Patent Licensing and Selling: Strategy, Negotiation, Forms (2nd Edition) #1
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech Patent Law #7
- Post-Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board #2
Also in November 2014, PLI published the following new Treatise edition:
- Public Company Deskbook: Complying with Federal Governance & Disclosure Requirements (Third Edition)
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
Listed below are the PLI Course Handbooks published in November 2014:
- Communication Law in the Digital Age 2014
- Law and Regulation of “Intermediary” Businesses 2014: Consumer-Facing Technology Providers, Online Platforms, and Online Media
Corporate & Securities:
- Advanced Compliance and Ethics Workshop 2014
- Bolstering Your Company’s Fraud Defenses 2014: Proactive Prevention and Responses
- Financial Services Industry Regulatory Compliance & Ethics Forum 2014
- Hedge and Private Fund Enforcement & Regulatory Developments 2014
- Securities Filings 2014: Practical Guidance in a Changing Environment
- Securities Regulation Institute (46th Annual)
- Patent Licensing Today 2014: Making Money Without Getting Sued
- Patent Litigation 2014
- Think Like a Lawyer, Talk Like a Geek 2014: Get Fluent in Technology
- Tracking and Targeting Customers and Prospects Online, on Mobile Devices, and in Social Media 2014
Looking for authoritative resources on Intellectual Property law? You can find acclaimed, expert-authored sources on PLI Discover PLUS, which provides you with the most up-to-date content such as the recently supplemented Treatise Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law. This title offers legal, scientific, and technical information to help clients obtain, defend and challenge the validity of patents.
Updated information on:
Patentable subject matter – find updated details on the Supreme Court’s decision to revisit the question of patentable subject matter in Alice Corp. Pty. V. CLS Bank International. Questions on whether or not the Court decided that the laws of nature and abstract ideas are basic tools of scientific and technological work? Go to Section 3.8 to find the answers.
Indefiniteness – in Nautilus, Inc. v. Biosig Instruments, Inc. (2014), the Supreme Court adopted “reasonable certainty” standard for measuring indefiniteness. Read up on the standard in Section 5:7.2[B].
New chemical entity exclusivity-novel combinations – read up on how the FDA reversed its previous position and has proposed that fixed-combination drugs should be eligible for new chemical entity (NCE) exclusivity if any of the active ingredients in the combination had not been previously approved. Find the details on the FDA’s new policy in Section 8:3.2[B].