Listed below are the PLI Course Handbooks published in June 2014:
Corporate Law and Practice
- Acquiring or Selling the Privately Held Company 2014
- Audit Committees and Financial Reporting 2014: Recent Developments and Current Issues
- Corporate Compliance and Ethics Institute 2014
- Fundamentals of Broker-Dealer Regulations 2014
- Global Capital Markets & the U.S. Securities Laws 2014: Raising Capital in an Evolving Regulatory Environment
- Internal Investigations 2014
Intellectual Property Law
- Cloud Computing 2014: Key Issues and Practical Guidance
- Fundamentals of Patent Litigation 2014
- Understanding Patent Law 2014
Litigation and Administrative Law
- 14th Annual School Law Institute 2014
- Employment Discrimination Law & Litigation 2014
- Expert Witness 2014
- International Arbitration 2014
- International Employment Law 2014
- M&A Litigation 2014
- Pretrial Practice 2014
- Prior Art and Obviousness 2014: Current Trends in Sections 102 and 103
Real Estate Law and Practice
Tax Law and Estate Planning
- Tax Planning for Domestic & Foreign Partnerships, LLCs, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances 2014
If you have any questions or would like to order a title, please email the PLI Library Relations Department or call 877-900-5291.
The Practising Law Institute 2014 Discover PLUS coverage list is out! Our coverage list is a reference guide for librarians, attorneys, researchers, and other PLI Discover PLUS subscribers. Inside the catalog is a listing of the books, forms, and transcripts that are available through Discover PLUS. PLI Discover PLUS contains all PLI published materials, including our authoritative Treatises, Answer Books, and Course Handbooks in addition to our forms and program transcripts.
We’re deep in the heart of Texas in San Antonio for the AALL Annual Meeting and Conference.
We’re busy hosting advisory breakfasts and talking to our fellow librarians about Practising Law Institute Discover PLUS but make sure you stop by our booth, # 218!
We have a raffle prize you won’t want to miss.
In June 2014, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Corporate Political Activities Deskbook Release # 2
- Hillman on Commercial Loan Documentation (6th Edition) Release # 1
- Immigration Fundamentals: A Guide to Law & Practice (4th Edition) Release #38
- Investment Adviser Regulation: A Step-by-Step Guide to Compliance and the Law (3rd Edition) Release # 5
- Private Equity Funds: Formation and Operation Release # 5
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide (2nd Editon) Release # 9
- Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Regulation (2nd Edition) Release # 3
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
In June 2014, PLI published the following Answer Books:
If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
Free One-Hour Briefing on Helping Child Migrants: Learn How to Represent Children Who Need Immigration and Family Court Assistance
You can participate in this One-Hour Briefing and learn how to volunteer as pro bono counsel for an immigrant child. In the past eight months, the Customs and Border Protection announced that more than 47,000 children have been apprehended at the Southern border and placed in deportation proceedings. In some immigration courts, 12 to 15% of the dockets are unaccompanied minor children. Sadly, there is no right to free counsel for children in immigration proceedings. The children are primarily arriving on the Southern border and come from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador but children are also sent, sometimes against their will from many countries including China, South Asia and the Caribbean. The median age of the children being apprehended in 2014 is approximately 14 but even toddlers have been arrested and placed into removal poceedings.
Please join Professor Lenni B. Benson, Director of the Safe Passage Project, Deborah Lee, Senior Staff Attorney, Immigration Intervention Project, Sanctuary for Families and Lisa Frydman, Associate Director and Managing Attorney, Center for Gender and Refugee Studies, for a free One-Hour briefing on Representing Unaccompanied Children Who Need Immigration and Family Court Assistance, and learn how you, too, can help.
Attorneys of all backgrounds, expertise, and experience are welcome. No prior immigration experience is needed.
You’re going to go on a fabulous vacation! This year in San Antonio, PLI will be raffling off a $1,000 Orbitz gift card that you can use to go anywhere in the world! Visit our booth (#218) to find out more.
Do you subscribe to PLI Discover PLUS? If so, a blog post or library page is a great way to spread the word to your patrons. Contact the PLI Library Help Desk for images and information you can add to your blogs, intranet, subject guides, practice area pages, listservs, or any other way you’re reaching your patrons!
Our latest edition of the Library Ledger is now available on the blog! Read this most current edition which provides you with the latest newsin PLI Discover PLUS content, recent enhancements, search tips, research help and important announcements. Read all of our newsletters on the Library Ledger page.
- Answer Book
- Book Reviews
- Course Handbooks
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!