You may have noticed that we recently unveiled some enhancements to PLI Discover PLUS! We’ve updated the document and search management tools to give you a more more seamless eReading experience. To help guide you through these enhancements we’ve created a Quick Reference Guide to PLI Discover PLUS Document and Search Management Enhancements.
The Quick Reference Guide is full of information to help make your transition to the enhanced PLI Discover PLUS as easy as possible.
Listed below are the PLI Course Handbooks published in May 2014:
Corporate Law and Practice
- 19th Annual Consumer Financial Services Institute
- Antitrust Institute 2014: Developments & Hot Topics
- Delaware Law Developments 2014: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and International Anti-Corruption Developments in 2014
- Leveraged Financing 2014
- Pocket MBA Summer 2014: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals
- Second Annual Institute on Corporate & Securities Law in Hong Kong 2014
Intellectual Property Law
Litigation and Administrative Law
- Higher Education Law 2014: Current Issues and Recent Developments
- Illinois MCLE Marathon 2014
- Information Technology Law Institute 2014: Cybersecurity, Mobile Payments, Cloud Computing, Big Data and the Internet of Things
- Law Department as Profit Center 2014: Successful Patent Licensing Programs
- New York Times v. Sullivan at 50: A Look Back and the Road Ahead 2014
- Understanding Employment Law 2014
New York Practice Skills
Tax Law and Estate Planning
If you have any questions or would like to order a title, please email the PLI Library Relations Department or call 877-900-5291.
In May 2014, PLI updated the following Treatises:
- Advertising & Commercial Speech: A First Amendment Guide (2nd Edition) Release # 10
- Broker-Dealer Regulation (2nd Edition) Release # 5
- Corporate Legal Departments (4th Edition) Release #5
- Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues Release # 12
- Friedman on Contracts and Conveyances of Real Property (7th Edition) Release # 17
- Hedge Fund Regulation (2nd Edition) Release # 3
- Internal Revenue Service Practice and Procedure Deskbook (4th Edition) Release # 8
- Kane on Trademark Law: A Practitioner’s Guide (6th Edition) Release # 1
- Likelihood of Confusion in Trademark Law (2nd Edition) Release # 2
- Proskauer on Privacy: A Guide to Privacy and Data Security Law in the Information Age Release # 11
- Public Company Deskbook: Sarbanes-Oxley and Federal Governance Requirements (2nd Edition) Release # 9
- Substantial Similarity in Copyright Law Release # 11
If you are on standing order for any of these titles, the releases have already been shipped. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
The PLI Librarian is in beautiful Vancouver for the SLA Annual Conference. Join us today for a librarian advisory luncheon and learn about our taxonomy!
In May 2014, PLI published the following new Treatise editions:
If you are on standing order for these titles or have a Standing Order Plan with PLI, these have already been shipped to you. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291.
Do you want to receive the most current, time-saving, critical information in your practice area? The Practising Law Institute is pleased to announce that our 2014-2015 Course Handbooks Series Subscription season is now underway. Subscribers will save up to 75% off the retail price, and automatically receive each new title published in their practice area over the 12-month series period.
If you would like to subscribe to a course handbook series, please email the PLI Library Relations Department or call 877-900-5291.
Do you subscribe to PLI Discover PLUS? If so, a blog post or library page is a great way to spread the word to your patrons. Contact the PLI Library Help Desk for images and information you can add to your blogs, intranet, subject guides, practice area pages, listservs, or any other way you’re reaching your patrons!
PLI cordially invites you to our Librarian Advisory Breakfast at the AALL 2014 Annual Meeting and Conference.
We’re currently developing a taxonomy with the aim of making our content even easier to find and discover online and we’ll showcase our prototype over breakfast. During the breakfast, we’ll also demonstrate the exciting future enhancements that are currently planned for Practising Law Institute’s Discover PLUS, our eBook library containing our authoritative Treatises, Answer Books, Course Handbooks, Program Transcripts, and Legal Forms.
Breakfast will take place bright and early on Monday, July 14th from 7:30 – 8:30 AM at the Marriott Riverwalk. Don’t worry–we’ll have plenty of coffee!
Please email us to RSVP and we’ll include location details in your confirmation.
PLI will be in San Antonio this summer for the Annual Meeting and Conference.
Stop by our booth, # 218, to say hello and learn about some of the exciting enhancements we’ve made to PLI Discover PLUS!
Need more incentive? We’ll be auctioning off a fantastic prize that will help you fill up all the time you’re saving using PLI Discover PLUS!
Calling All Summer Associates! Free One-Hour Briefing on Making the Most of Your Law Firm Internship
There will be NO CLE Credit for this FREE One Hour Briefing.
There is good news and bad news for summer associates. Large law firms have traditionally used summer associate programs to find permanent associates, and most still do. But some firms have eliminated summer associate programs, and others hire far smaller summer classes. Firms’ expectations changed with the recession: summer associate programs are no longer seasonal recruiting extravaganzas characterized by light research or make-work assignments, ballgames, sunset sailing, and lavish meals. Partners assume their summer associates are capable of good legal work, but they’re looking for more.
To succeed in the summer and beyond, law students must take early opportunities seriously. Within the summer program, they must produce superior work, identify the firm’s culture and contribute to it, and create an impression of professionalism, discretion, reliability, and likability. This one-hour briefing, presented by Andrea Lee Negroni, Of Counsel at BuckleySandler LLP, is based on comments from hiring partners and summer associate managers of several midsize and large law firms. Ms. Negroni will share specific suggestions for law students seeking to make the most of summer associateships.
Register now and don’t miss this important free briefing!
- Answer Book
- Book Reviews
- Course Handbooks
- Fun Fridays
- Guest Blogger
- Just for librarians
- Law Libraries
- Mobile Apps
- New Title!
- PLI Discover PLUS (our upgraded eBook library)
- PLI Publications
- PLI Talks
- Programs (free)
- Treatise Filing Instructions
- Treatise Supplements
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- Law Day 2013: All PLI publications are 35% off!