Friedman on Leases has been updated in its new Sixth Edition. Building on Milton R. Friedman’s comprehensive work, Andrew R. Berman (Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP), author of the new edition, has updated this time-tested treatise so that it continues to provide not only the foundational knowledge required by novice practitioners, but also analysis of and insight into the most current and relevant developments facing seasoned practitioners in the commercial real estate field. The authoritative discussions of issues, commentary on numerous case decisions, and sample lease clauses and agreements help you to:
• Draft, negotiate, and amend every essential document involved in commercial leasing
• Modify lease provisions for the full variety of landlord-tenant arrangements
• Anticipate and resolve problematic transaction developments
• Avoid drafting errors, including omissions, ambiguities, and fatal terminology
• Understand and deal with difficult issues specific to assignments, subletting, renewals, take-over leases, percentage leases, and other challenging aspects of commercial leasing
• Proceed wisely in those leasing areas with divided judicial authority or divergent state statutes
This essential title is available on PLI PLUS, our online research database. If you’d like to order a print copy, please email or call (877-900-5291) us.
PLI recently published the second edition of Accountants’ Liability.
Accountants’ Liability has been the reliable and readable resource that accountants have turned to for guidance on how they can meet their professional responsibilities, comply with relevant rules, and avoid the increased number of legal land mines.
This newly updated edition provides attorneys with the legal, strategic, and tactical knowledge they need to prove (or successfully defend against) claims against accountants such as:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Securities claim fraud
- Common law fraud
- Civil RICO actions, and
- Practice and ethical violations.
Accountants’ Liability explores the damage done if accountants fail to follow professional conduct, auditing, accounting or tax standards. The expert authors discuss the sources of current claims, the various legal theories upon which they may be instituted, and some of the practical problems faced by the parties in litigating such claims.
This essential title is available on PLI Discover PLUS, our online research database. If you’d like to order a print copy, please email or call (877-900-5291) us.
PLI recently published a new edition of Securities Litigation: A Practitioner’s Guide (2nd Edition).
This treatise provides you with the guidance you need to help your clients gain the competitive edge in securities class actions. Securities Litigation: A Practitioner’s Guide (2nd Edition) is a timely reference that helps you master relevant federal procedural rules for securities class actions, effective defenses against such actions, appellate standards of review, and the steps involved in achieving favorable settlements.
With this new and expanded edition, the authors have added two additional chapters:
– New Chapter 17: Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation, provides an overview of the principal issues presented in one now very common form of securities litigation: lawsuits arising out of mergers and acquisitions.
– New Chapter 18: Derivative Litigation and Pre-Suit Demands, provides an overview of derivative litigation—a suit brought on behalf of a corporation by one or more of its stockholders—and includes discussion of common claims, procedural issues, board responses to pre-suit demands and litigation, and other practical considerations that frequently arise.
This essential new title is available on PLI Discover PLUS, our online research database. If you’d like to order a print copy, please email or call (877-900-5291) us.
Labor Management Law Answer Book 2016 is a concise overview of the controlling provisions of the NLRA and the other major federal labor legislation. Reflecting the in-depth knowledge and experience of the authors, it walks you through every requirement of federal law, including:
Labor Management Law Answer Book 2016 also provides:
- a concise guide to all of the requirements of the NLRA, LMRA, LMRDA and other federal statutes
- detailed guidance on what is and is not permitted activity by both unions and employers in any negotiation
- coverage of emerging issues of critical importance like collective bargaining in the public sector
- the context and analysis necessary to effectively plan and execute a labor strategy against the backdrop of complex and constantly evolving federal law, and
- relevant planning opportunities and strategies to optimize proactive decision-making.
If you’d like to order Labor Management Law Answer Book 2016, please email PLI Library Help Desk or call 877-900-5291.
Derivatives Deskbook: Close-Out Netting, Risk Mitigation, Litigation is a comprehensive derivatives resource geared to all users of swap agreements and derivatives, from financial institutions to corporate end users.
This new second edition defines the key terminology; identifies the major players; discusses the full range of documentation; and highlights risk mitigation techniques and best practices that can significantly minimize risks. Derivatives Deskbook examines the termination events and events of default that can trigger the early termination of OTC derivative transactions; the important process of closing out these deals; and the complex process of calculating the early termination amounts due the parties under the transactions, as well as how these transactions can be terminated in ways that minimize the damage to the parties and to the global financial system.
Most importantly, Derivatives Deskbook provides a comprehensive resource to all key litigation cases involving derivative transactions around the key jurisdictions in the world. It is an essential resource for every lawyer or business person engaged in derivative transactions.
Check out this new edition on our eBook library, PLI Discover PLUS, today!
In December 2013, PLI published a new seventh edition of Manning on Estate Planning.
If you are on standing order for this title or have a Standing Order Plan with PLI, this title has already been shipped to you. If you would like to place an order, please email PLI Library Relations or call 877-900-5291